|Description||Provides 8 , which raises the maximum number of units available. Can morph into Overseer.|
|Cost||100 0 25 0|
|Defense||200 0 (+1)|
|Morphs into||Overseer (Lair)|
The Overlord is the Zerg supply unit and is the equivalent of the Terran's Supply Depot and the Protoss Pylon. The Overlord provides the Zerg player with 8 supply and more must be built in order to create additional units.
Duration: 15 s
When selected, the Overlord will create Zerg creep beneath it, spreading out to a 2x2 area.
Morphs the selected Overlord into an Overseer. Requires Lair.
The Overlord has a cargo space of 8. Overlords can use the Load ability only after Ventral Sacs has been researched.
Researched from: Hatchery Increases the movement speed of Overlords to 1.88 and Overseers to 3.375.
Researched from: Hatchery Gives Overlords the ability to transport Zerg units. Requires a Lair
- Air-based supply and transport unit.
- Provides ’unit supply’ to increase the army’s capacity as more Overlords are spawned -– the death of Overlords can result in a significant drop in the army’s supply.
- Can transport and drop Zerg units with Ventral Sacs upgrade.
- Can scout more effectively with the Pneumatized Carapace speed upgrade.
- Can excrete creep in order to increase the Zerg army movement speed on the battlefield and to inhibit non-Zerg races from building structures.
- Able to evolve into Overseer detection units.
- Effective but slow scout unit.