The Dalaran Arena is an arena located in the sewers of Dalaran, in Northrend and was added in Wrath of the Lich King. In the outdoor world, the arena can be seen below the Underbelly, however it cannot be accessed.
Players start in pipes at the side of central area. A little while after the match starts, water shoots both teams out as to prevent camping. The arena floor is formed as a square with a raised central area in the middle, opening possibilities for tactics including the use of Demonic Circle and knockback spells.
On the edges of the raised area there are stairs leading up to it and crates that represent huts, which will offer persistent line of sight blocks. In the middle of the map there is a pipe coming down from the ceiling, from which water will randomly flow down, blocking line of sight.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Masons of Dalaran have been hard at work installing steps in the two remaining corners of the arena.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04):
- The entire Arena has increased in size by 25%.
- Mounts can now be used in this Arena.
- The position and collision of the crates on the central platform has been modified.
- Hotfix (2009-03-06): "We fixed the exploit that allowed warlocks to use Demonic Circle in the starting pipe and then teleport back to it after the match began."
- Hotfix (2009-03-02): "We have modified the waterspout effect in the Dalaran Sewers Arena to give players more warning before the water column is fully activated. This should give you a chance to get out of the way or at least let you cancel a cast since you will now know that the water is coming soon. The effect starts up about 5 seconds before the waterspout is fully active. We have a new zone wide sound attached to the effect now also."
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.