Ruins of Lordaeron (arena)
The Ruins of Lordaeron arena is an arena located in the Ruins of Lordaeron, which is a subzone above the Undercity. The arena was added in patch 2.1.0 and was the first arena to be added through a patch (the second being Tiger's Peak).
Although very similar in appearance to the Ruins of Lordaeron in the outdoor world, the arena version has some notable differences. In the outdoor world, one end leads out to Tirisfal Glades and the other leads into the throne room. In the arena version however, both ends are symmetrical staging areas. Also in the arena version, there is no bridge (with sewer water below) leading into the throne room, and there are no stairs on either side of the arena. Due to these differencies, the arena is basically flat.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04):
- Alcoves have been removed from the starting chambers.
- Two line-of-sight tombstones have been added to the slime pool on the southern side of the map.
- The collision around the central tomb has been smoothed out to prevent players from becoming stuck on the terrain as often.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Added.